Continuing with my Hungry for More series, this week I discuss why exercise is about so much more than weight loss. I cover the numerous mental and spiritual benefits of exercise along with the various physical benefits of different types of exercise.
- Learn the minimum amount of exercise per day to get some benefit (it’s lower than you think!).
- Find out how physical stress can impact your tolerance for psychological stress.
- See how exercise offers opportunities for mindfulness.
- Discover how exercise can impact your mood and cognition.
- Explore how labelling yourself can limit your possibilities.
- Learn why it’s important to do different types of exercises.
If you haven’t listened to previous episodes in my Hungry for More series, go back and check them out to deepen your understanding of hunger:
Episode 1: The Anatomy of Hunger: How Your Body Signals Hunger
Episode 2: The Science Behind Emotional Eating
Episode 3: Why Mindset Matters
Episode 4: Self-Compassion: The Importance of Cultivating Kindness and Care Toward Yourself
Episode 5: The Five Pillars of Nourishment and Nutrition (Part One)
Episode 6: The Five Pillars of Nourishment and Nutrition (Part Two)
Episode 7: 10 Practical Tips for Weight Loss
My new book Hungry for More: Stories and Science to Inspire Weight Loss From The Inside Out is now available! If you’d like a hardcover, personalized, autographed copy with free shipping, use the code freeship at hungryformore.net.
Find more inspiration, join my newsletter, or see my curated collection of supplements and protein bars at dradrienneyoudim.com.