In this installment of my Hungry for More series, I’m tackling another major barrier that people often face on their journey to healthy change: finding and maintaining motivation. No one will feel motivated 100% of the time, but there are some things you can do to help find and maintain your motivation to do difficult things.
- The false assumption that being motivated means you’ll be inherently driven every single day.
- Why it’s important to manage your expectations about motivation.
- Identifying your “Why” and drawing motivation from it.
- How you can maintain motivation through reminders.
- Ways to maintain motivation by building awareness and presence through writing.
- How creating a routine can help build motivation.
- Aligning with the feeling of achievement and success to maintain and build motivation.
If you haven’t listened to previous episodes in my Hungry for More series, go back and check them out to deepen your understanding of hunger:
Episode 8: Can Exercise and Weight Loss Get a Divorce: Why Movement is a Spiritual Experience
Episode 9: Journaling: A Gateway to Awareness, Self-healing, and Transformative Change
Episode 10: Hunger for Perfection: How Your Perfectionism is Undermining Your Success
Episode 11: Falling Off the Wagon
Episode 12: Addressing Challenges and Barriers to Achieve Lifestyle Change
My new book Hungry for More: Stories and Science to Inspire Weight Loss From The Inside Out is now available! If you’d like a hardcover, personalized, autographed copy with free shipping, use the code freeship at hungryformore.net.
Check out the new 30-Day Journaling Mini-Course.
Find more inspiration, join my newsletter, or see my curated collection of supplements and protein bars at dradrienneyoudim.com.