I’m back for another installment of my Hungry for More series, and this week I’m talking about a chapter that resonates with most people: Hunger for Perfection. So many of us strive for perfection, but we fail to realize that by its very nature, perfection is unattainable, and trying to achieve it can lead to self-criticism and negative self-talk. In this episode, I discuss how to get past perfectionism and seek and embrace our own humanity.
- How seeking perfection ultimately undermines your self-worth and interferes with your success.
- Why perfectionism is defeating, demoralizing, and impediment to personal growth.
- How perfectionism can often lead to a fear of failure, and in turn, a failure to even start.
- The antidote to perfectionism, and how it can lead to greater overall well-being.
- A writing practice to help embrace our imperfections and our own humanity.
If you haven’t listened to previous episodes in my Hungry for More series, go back and check them out to deepen your understanding of hunger:
Episode 1: The Anatomy of Hunger: How Your Body Signals Hunger
Episode 2: The Science Behind Emotional Eating
Episode 3: Why Mindset Matters
Episode 4: Self-Compassion: The Importance of Cultivating Kindness and Care Toward Yourself
Episode 5: The Five Pillars of Nourishment and Nutrition (Part One)
Episode 6: The Five Pillars of Nourishment and Nutrition (Part Two)
Episode 7: 10 Practical Tips for Weight Loss
Episode 8: Can Exercise and Weight Loss Get a Divorce: Why Movement is a Spiritual Experience
Episode 9: Journaling: A Gateway to Awareness, Self-Healing, and Transformative Change
My new book Hungry for More: Stories and Science to Inspire Weight Loss From The Inside Out is now available! If you’d like a hardcover, personalized, autographed copy with free shipping, use the code freeship at hungryformore.net.
Find more inspiration, join my newsletter, or see my curated collection of supplements and protein bars at dradrienneyoudim.com.