Have you ever thought about what it really means to live in the moment? Today’s guest is Elizabeth Rook, DO, rheumatologist, life coach, and founder of The Thrive Arena, a platform where she helps people thrive in their careers, relationships, and lives. She has dual board certifications in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. After completing her undergraduate degree at the University of Vermont, she earned a master’s degree in biomedical ethics and then a master’s degree in public health, as well as her doctorate in osteopathic medicine. Liz believes that whole body healing comes from a combination of nutrition, movement, and alternative and traditional medical treatments. She never stops learning and is passionate about helping people with acute or chronic illnesses through emotional awareness. Some of the key things she works on to transform her patients’ lifestyles are making small changes every day, celebrating victories, living in the moment, and being grateful.
- Dr. Liz explains how she motivates patients to take a step forward.
- She talks about the importance of making small changes every day.
- She says how helpful it is to stop and celebrate our daily victories to be aware of them.
- She discusses how awareness and mindfulness can reduce daily stress.
- Dr. Liz talks about the challenge of gratitude: finding gratitude in our daily lives.