This week I’m continuing to explore the science of hunger, focusing specifically on emotional eating, emotional hunger, and the truth that we are all emotional eaters, whether we like it or not. I dive into how the connection between food and our emotions is hardwired into our DNA and into our neurochemistry, and I explore what you can do to help overcome this.
- Learn how satiety hormones, which help you feel full, are related to our emotions.
- Learn about the limbic system, which is responsible for processing emotions and pleasure, and how it is linked to eating.
- Find out how dopamine causes us to seek out highly palatable foods more frequently.
- Why comfort foods may not be as comforting as you think.
- Discover possible solutions for emotional eating.
If you haven’t listened to the first episode in this hunger series, where I discuss the anatomy and physiology of our hunger, listen to it here.
Food Addiction: Truth Or Fiction With Vera Tarman listen here.
Dr. Adrienne’s new book Hungry For More: Stories and Science to Inspire Weight Loss From The Inside Out is now available for preorder! If you’d like a hardcover, personalized, autographed copy with free shipping, use the code freeship at hungryformore.net.